HIV; LIVE SAFE! Campaign
HIV/AIDS Program Development Project II (HPDP II)
The Centre signed a contract with the Ondo State Agency for the Control of AIDS for the implementation of the HIV/AIDS Program Development Project (HPDPII). This is an Intervention Program to reduce new HIV infections among students of tertiary institutions in Ondo State.
- Thematic area: Prevention of New HIV/AIDS Infections
- Target population: Students of tertiary institutions in Ondo State
- Scope: 15 institutions across 8 LGAs
- Theme: Live Safe
Our mode of Operation- MPPI (Minimum Prevention Package Intervention)
The MPPI is carried out in three stages:
- Structural: Activities are Advocacy Visit, Community Dialogue
- Behavioral: Peer Education, Road shows, Inter-School Debates, Training of selected Peer Workers and resource persons in the various institutions.
- Biomedical: HIV/AIDS Counseling and Testing, Condom Programming (Condom Promotion and Distribution), Teaching the correct and Consistent use of Condoms.
- Promote risk reduction through increased awareness amongst students of tertiary institutions in Ondo State
- Promote Abstinence, Being Faithful, and Condom Use
- Institutionalize HIV/AIDS awareness in all tertiary institutions in Ondo State